Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
|Condition:||Used : |
An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“This book is used and was bought in a private collection and is in good condition. The covers have heavy wear with scratches, creases, grime, and scuffs and as seen in the photos provided. The photos don't show the wear as well as I'd like so please be sure that you are ok with the book's covers having heavy wear. The spine has wear on the edges with creasing. The interior pages are clean with no writing, tears, or other major damage. Pictures have been provided as a visual condition. Please inquire if you have any questions or concerns about this item before bidding. Thank you.”|
|Brand:||Advanced Dungeons & Dragons||Pages:||128|
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||United States|
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Eastern Express 14479 Soviet Heavy Transport aircraft Antonov An-22 Early 1 144
- BARZSO RARE SHAWNEE INDIANS MIB LAST ONE.
- HO Scale 3D Print D&RGW GS Gondola 40ft (43k Series) Late Single Kit (Grabs)
- Roco 72647 H0-DC E-Lok Dm3 SJ Ep5 blue-black DC analog mit Plux22-Schnittstell
- Für Märklin mfx PIKO 52825 BR 363 810-3 Diesellok Ep VI Shophändlerlok NEU OVP
- Chgold Q Captain Scarlet three setsJapan import
- LaQ Free Style 400 Pastel. Best Price
- Vtg Hand Painted Ceramic Bugle Corps Toy Soldiers Drummers 2 1 8 H 12 Soldiers
- -- BROOKLIN BRK 93 1935 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER ROADSTER SOFT TOP UP MINT BOXED
- Danbury Mint 1 24 Scale 1958 Edsel Bermuda Station Wagon w Title
- Ct Auto Porsche 917 LH Nr. 12 1 43 Heco Miniaturen Mans Bosch Dunlop Diorama
- MINICHAMPS 107125332 Lancia Astura Tipo 233 Corto 1 18
- MARK 43 1 43 Eunos Roadster MX-5 Miata (NA 6 C) J - Limited Sunburst Yellow
- Mint Lamborghini Gallardo Spider Mist 1 18
- 1 18 Biante - Holden HX Panel Van - HDT Service Vehicle - Raceday Decals
- Efe 1 76 Scale - MODCOL Model collectors Routemaster set Burnley Mansfield
- Mercedes 770k 1938 Cream W Figure Eva brown And Guard 1 43 Model RIO4490P RIO
- NOREV 1 43 Réf 2 CITROEN AMI 6 BREAK (blue)
- 1 18 Zweiter Weltkrieg Deutsch Lade Cargo Lkw Träger Passt Ultimative Soldat
- American Flyer by Lionel 6-48309 1990 Seasons Greeting Boxcar, in Box
- Privateer Predectorate Servath Reznik, Wrath of Ages Warcaster Engine PIP 32099
- Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle 1500 PCS Thangka Painting Buddha Tathagata Art Collectibles
- JC Wings 1 72 US Navy Vought A-7E Corsair II, 'bluee Hawks' 158819 with Stand
- 1 43 Jolly Model Ferrari 166 MM Versione Clienti in Dark bluee JL 050
- LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO LP560-4 PARIS MOTORSHOW 2012 LOOKSMART MODELS 1 43 LS410D
- Troll Lord Castles & Cr Castles & Crusades Player's Handbook (5th Print HC MINT
- Viessmann 4501 Form Main Signal, Lattice Tower, with 2 Wings Coupled, H0
- Bachmann Rake of 5 33-555 EWS HEA 46 Ton GLW Hopper Wagons All Boxed Exc Cond
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.