Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- NA352 7th Hussar Guidon Bearer by King & Country
- Redline Hotwheels Light bluee 1973 Prowler oc17052
- Ignition model 1 43 Mazda Savanna (S124A) Green Resin Model IG0629
- DCP FIRST GEAR 1 64 blueE KENWORTH T680 WITH 52'' SLEEPER
- Haering Adis Oticon Swift 70 DENMARK With original box
- Minichamps 400103500 Lamborghini Gallardo 2004 1 43 MIB
- Minichamps 1 43 - VW Passat Kombi Variant 2005 black
- Vintage 1997 Mattel Hot Wheels 10 Car Gift Set NIP
- 1 43 SRC18K 1966 F1 COOPER MASERATI T81 Rodriguez S Africa KIT BY SMTS
- AUTOart 58206 Pagani Huayra Baujahr 2011 in silvermetallic 1 43 NEU
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.