Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- YUGIOH 1ST ED STON-EN065 NOVA SUMMONER SECRET RARE HOLO FOIL PSA 9 MINT
- Red ENZO FERRARI Hot Wheels 2012 Mexico Convention Very Rare Limited Edition
- Oxford Rail Or76mw4003 - 4 Planche Wagon de Minéraux Wilson & Clyde Calibre 00
- Fordson Chaseside 2 Ton Grue Échelle Oo 1 76 non Peint Kit RW15b Langley Models
- AN636-2x Märklin Marklin H0 00 AC Bastler-E-Weiche (M-Gleis) f. 3600 800
- Warhammer 40k Blood Angels Stormraven Gunship (Sealed NiB 41-10)
- Clearance painted Ral Partha Unicorns & Pegasus (4)
- EFE 1 76 scale Diecast - 99910 Southdown Leyland PD2 Highbridge + Bedford OB
- 47095 Tatra T4, Tram Leipzig, 1 43
- 1968 Dodge Dart GTS bluee Highway 61 50503 1 18 HTF
- VINTAGE PRESSED STEEL--1960's GREYHOUND EXPRESS BUS--TIN--JAPAN--GREAT PATINA
- 1957 DINKY MEDIUM ARTILLERY TRACTOR MINT MODEL W EXC BOX
- Austin-Healey Sprite Sebring No.42 by Spark
- Tinkers Ambulance Patrol Car Vehicle Kids Birthday Christmas Gift
- 1 18 James Courtney Year 2011 Toll Hrt Ve Commodore 18465
- Mod Quad Original Hot Wheels Redline Premium Restoration Rare HK Pink
- MATCHBOX PANZER M-551 SHERIDAN & PANZER MODELLE SHERIDAN & PANZER IV
- Ferrari Huracan grey Lynx Aftermarket Looksmart 1 43 LOW PRICE
- Ferrari California T th Anniverrsary 'The Hot Rod' 1 18 Model 76103
- 208R01 Catalogue THE CONOVER MINIATURE RAILROADS Tarrytown, USA 1938, HO Vintage
- Mehano T 273 H0 Locomotive Diesel Vossloh G 1206 Der Rail4chem Epoque 5-6 avec
- 100 PLASTIQUE yellow Canards 7cm Haut - Idéal pour Courses de Canard
- Engineered Explosives - Foil x1 MTG Magic Modern Masters Light Play, English
- Tekno 68376 van den Doel Scania R Streamline + Cargo Floor Trailer
- 1 24 MERCEDES BENZ 770 Cabrio - Kaiser Wilhelm 1931 - PMA Minichamps OVP
- Rapido 80550 EMD F40PH-2D Locomotive Via Rail As Delivered ESU LokSound
- HO Passenger car Katsumi GN Empire Builder KD Brass lights
- Kids Play Tent Crawl Tunnel and Ball Pit Pop Up Fort House Indoor Outdoor Case
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.