Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Paradcar (résine) 1 43 SP 018 DS Predo chamonix 1970
- KINSMART KT5403D MC LAREN 720S 2017 cm 12 COL.ASS.1 36 MODELLINO DIE CAST MODEL
- Brio Voie Ferroviaire en Bois Trains App-Enabled Engin 1 Pièce 3 Ans + 33863
- Woodland Scenics BR5029 HO Scale Built-Up Drive n' Dine Building
- Bachmann Industries HOn30 Box Van, Red 022899772035
- HO Rapido 52'6 Mill Gondola - CN Canadian National Delivery 12inch CN 150203
- Fleischmann 5801 H0 Carrozza con Scompartimenti 1.2. Classe Der Kpev Prussia
- Bäuerin auf Melkschemel Holz Preiser 1 87 H0 å
- JN022 Airfield Guard Officer by King & Country (RETIRED)
- SPARK Mercedes Benz F1 W05 Hybrid 43 S3142
- Everrich EVC-0093 See Me Circle Play Tunnel - 9 Feet
- 1 18 Ertl Diecast Car 1973 Trans Am Red
- 1 18 FAW Hongqi L5 Limousine car review national limousine die cast model
- Rare Georg Heyde English Foxhunt Men Women with dogs
- 1950s Ferrari Race Car Sport Vintage 43 1 Exotic 24 Concept 12 Carousel Red 18 F
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.